On Longing


                             To have a souvenir of the exotic is to poses both of a specimen and a trophy.

I relate this photo with that sentence because I find a shark tooth to be extremely exotic. It represents a specimen and a trophy in my mind because they are not easy to find.

                                         “…the nostalgic input of the hand-made in a “plastic world” “.
I relate this photo with this sentence because we live in a plastic world but seashells were created way before our world became so "plastic". 

                                                  The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale
I choose this photo to relate to this sentence because the scale of our bodies when in shadow are perceived differently. The shadow distorts our body and changes the scale of it.

Capacity of objects to serve as traces of authentic experience


This photo I believe represents that sentence because there are so many small objects in a small capacity showing the experience the artist that made this has. 
                                     
                                    The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental and the three 
                                dimensional into the miniature, that which can be enveloped by the body.
I choose this photo because I consider Stewart(my cat) a souvenir that is miniature and represents the public, monumental and three dimensional. When I hug and cuddle with him he is enveloped by my human body.



Comments